Creative Future Planning
From MC Public Wiki
Revision as of 14:33, 16 February 2011 by MBoffin
With each reset of the server, we find new things to refine about how the server is run. The purpose of this page is to collect together all the ideas and issues that come up during the current Creative map in preparation for the next map.
- Drop the ground level by 20m to give a buildable height of 84m. Bedrock to sky projects would take 2/3 of the time to get to dig out to bedrock.
- Have a square grid of preset warps 1000m apart. This would cut down on the number of warps needed on the server for minor creations, but would also ensure a healthy spread of building across the map. Here's how it would work:
- A spawn point similar to the one from map revision #8 (Sept-Oct 2010). Large circular lake of water with a smaller circular island in the centre, enclosed with a glass dome. Trees and large rule boards inside. Glass under water tunnel to lead out of the lake.
- MBoffin created this on a private server and it would be good to have something similar to indicate Rules and Help:
- Essentials - All the basic essentials.
- Permissions - Standard permissions (used by many plugins)
- WorldGuard - Grief protection
- WorldEdit - Needed by WorldGuard
- MagicCarpet - Mod tool
- BorderGuard - Map containment
- Many things are broken due to outdated Bukkit.
- Many people complain when they are banned that they didn't know the rules.