PvE Information Guide
|Server address||pve.nerd.nu / p.nerd.nu|
|Current map revision||21|
|Map revision started||22nd September, 2017|
New Features & Notable Changes
Our PvE server is on it's 21st map reset, and with it came a number of changes both big and small to the server environment. You can find all of the changes in the information post here on the subreddit. A few of these changes require a bit more detail:
One important point of interest that we’d like to start with is the revision duration. We will be aiming for a revision that lasts to at least March 2018. This does not strictly mean a reset in March, only that this is the earliest time to expect a reset. In order to help you prepare when the time comes, we will continue to announce a tentative reset date a month in advance as we have established for two revisions now.
With revision 21, we’ll be looking to add more content to participate in whether you play as an individual or as a group into the latter half of the revision, thus giving you more reasons to log in during the second half of the revision.
We received a key piece of feedback during the latest community survey that you would like to be better involved in the decision-making process. While we’ve been making a bigger push to be more transparent, we do agree that we could do better on involving you when it comes to making decisions so we’ll be looking to put out surveys and feedback posts throughout the revision that will help us to make decisions on upcoming changes or future content.
Our theme for this revision is medieval and we will be aiming to weave this world into as many of the events we run as possible. You are welcome to build whatever you want in or out of this theme!
For this revision, we plan to tie the medieval theme into the guild events as much as possible. The further we get into the revision, the events will tend to increase in difficulty and thus the rewards will increase too. Generally speaking, the first half of the revision will be a little lighter on these events as everyone focused on builds but we want to ensure that during late rev, there are still reasons to log in and have fun with friends!
Expect these events to primarily be based from the adventurer’s guild building inside spawn where your help will be needed to keep the secrets of the kingdom safe!
From the start of the revision, you will be able to participate in a number of quests that are out there in the world but we would highly recommend coming prepared and gearing up for them! It is the knight’s way after all!
- Try /place AG to find the adventurer's guild at spawn!
(text pulled from the reminder post here)
Have you had a chance to stop by the Adventurers Guild?
Then you have probably not yet heard of the Knights' Quests. I have seen other travelers, 12 in fact, pass through the guild, each one in search of a link to their ancestors. Unfortunately, not one has returned in triumph. Find them, help them complete their quests. In return you will earn rewards and coins. I have heard of a merchant that still trades for those old coins, you may want to hold on to them.
The quests vary in style and difficulty, ranging from seek and find to parkour and even more challenging errr ... umm. . . challenges.
The castles were designed by noodlor and used with permission. The quests were designed by Zaliek, buzzie71, bermudalocket, zomise, TheNightsKing, Flumper, Kumquatmay, and cujobear.
A few hints:
- Always be sure to have space in your inventory when starting a quest.
- It never hurts to go in geared up
- If there is a sign to set your spawn, use it.
- Make sure to be careful with the rewards as some are usable items.
Advertising Player-made Events
Oftentimes in the past, players have tried to set up events only to run into the the roadblock of not being able to get the word out. the Padmins would like to offer players a chance to reach a wider audience through Nerd.nu's various media.
By getting in touch with the padmins at least a week before your event, we will endeavour to do the following:
- Make an announcement on discord
- Set an alert advertising the event in game
- Make an announcement on Instagram(this requires you to get us an image so defiex can post it)
- A livemap marker flag on the livemap the day of the event. This will make it a bit easier for other players to find your event on the livemap. We will remove the event flag within 24 hours after your event.
What we will not do:
- Post an announcement to the subreddit
- Run your event
To qualify for event advertising, please do the following:
- Create a subreddit or forumpost with the following information:
- Coordinates of your event
- The name of your event, if any (ie. Bobs PvP Death Match of Doom)
- Date and time of your event and what time zone/country you're in.
- Contact a padmin to let us know you've made your post!
The sooner you let a padmin know, the esaier and more likely everything will get set up in time for your event!
There will no longer be any requirement to have 100% of the drops remain public or any minimum percentage split on the following grinders:
- Pig (should any generate)
- Iron Golem
The following grinders must remain 100% public only at all times:
- Custom Spawners
Iron golem spawners are back once more! They are obtainable from the first day, but once again are more costly at the beginning of the rev and will reduce in cost as the rev progresses. To see how this cost progression works, click this link.
- 5 x 64 cobblestone
- 22 doors (any variant)
- 3 padmin doppel skulls (either Barlimore, defiex or Sir_Didymus) -> How to create a padmin doppelganger.
- 5 golem souls
One of the unique changes this revision is the introduction of 'Golem Souls' (as shown as enchanted iron nuggets in the cost image). These are a 1/500 chance of dropping while mining naturally generated iron ore. Iron ore which is placed will not have any chance of dropping a Golem Soul. This feature was developed by totemo as part of a wider plugin update.
To set up an iron golem spawner, remember that: Spawners will need to be a minimum of 8 blocks apart and 5 away from any grinder walls. The activation range from iron golem spawners allow for you to be up to 25 blocks away for them to activate, more than regular spawners allow.
Typically each settlement will be allowed to purchase up to four spawners though we will exercise admin discretion with these limits, particularly if an individual is involved with several settlements.
(this post was copied and slightly modified from here).
What is ItemLocker?
ItemLocker is a plugin that automatically locks item frames and armour stands to the the person who placed them, and optionally, all owners and members of a WorldGuard protection region.
ItemLocker's behaviour and commands are modelled on our chest-locking plugin, LWC, but with a few tweaks for the task at hand. With ItemLocker, you can control who can break an item frame or stand, who can access the items (take them out or put them in), and who can rotate the item in an item frame. You can even prevent yourself from rotating the item, which is handy if you use items in frames to label chests.
Basic Locking Commands
- To lock a frame/stand, simply place it. You will be the owner, and the plugin will automatically work out what region to associate with the frame/stand if it can, based on the regions at the frame/stand location.
- If you want to override how ItemLocker locks a frame or stand, simply run
/ilockbefore you place it.
- To not give the enclosing region permissions:
- To specify the region
- You can also lock an item frame or stand that has already been placed and is currently not locked with the
- To not give the enclosing region permissions:
- To modify the permissions of a locked frame/stand, use
- To unlock a frame or stand, run
/iunlockand right click on it. Note that all access controls on that item frame or stand will be removed.
- To see the permissions on an item frame or stand, run
/iinfoand right click on the frame/stand.
- To lock many frames or stands the same way, turn on persistence with
/ipersist. All of your commands will repeat. To turn off persistence, run
Limitations on Lock Ownership - Differences from LWC
Unlike LWC, ItemLocker has a simplified permission list. An item frame or stand can only be associated with one player (the owner) and at most one WorldGuard region.
Also, unlike LWC, ItemLocker puts the WorldGuard region on an equal footing with the owner, which means that they can break the frame and place it as their own. So take care with whom you give region permission to.
Access and Rotate Permissions
To control who can access (put into and take items from) a frame or stand, specify extra arguments to
/imodify. There are three groups: nobody, members (the owner of the frame and all owners/members of the WorldGuard region), and everybody (everyone on the server).
To make the item in a locked frame or stand accessible to:
- nobody, not even the owner:
- members, region and owner:
- everybody on the server:
To allow the item in a locked frame to be rotated by:
- nobody, not even the owner:
- members, region and owner:
- everybody on the server:
- You probably want to do this for rail station dials.
- Note: You will still need to request a "build allow" region over your dialer to allow it to rotate, if your station is protected (which is always a good idea). Otherwise, WorldGuard will prevent players accessing the frame.
And note that you can add these permissions to
/ilock commands, even before you place the stand, e.g.
/ilock +a -r r:regionname.
NOTE: The default permissions are
-r. That is, you can't rotate your item frames by default. Yes I realise that's different from vanilla. It's my contention that you almost never want to rotate an item frame, however, and that making that the default will save people hassle. If I'm wrong, I'll change it.
Moderators in ModMode will have access to the
/ibypass command to bypass permission checks for doing things like MapWorld modreqs.
Players who lock item frames that don't belong to them may be banned for grief.
Help and Full Documentation
Full documentation on GitHub: https://github.com/NerdNu/ItemLocker
In-game help is available, e.g.
The livemap will be available from day one… somewhat! To enable people to spread out a bit, and to find one another, there will be version of the livemap available that does not render the map, but leaves only a black background.. This way, you will be able to see each other, just not the terrain itself.
If you wish for the livemap to be rendered then we will patiently await a completed version of the overworld map to be presented to us on the subreddit! At this point, we will request the tech admins to begin rendering.
This revision we will also be including a livemap of the nether too! Sadly the typical client mods are pretty poor at mapping the nether so around two weeks into the revision, we will look to render this map too!
The map this rev is also gargantuan 9000x9000. It was made by Cujobear & Pez252, who have produced a beautiful world with all the Open Terrain Generator. The nether is 4000x4000, and the end is 4500x4500.
Sponge Recipe Removed
Due to sponge generating naturally within the map this revision, we will be removing the sponge recipe introduced in revision 20.
The nether is a 50:50 split between vanilla generated and worldpainted. Everything above the bedrock roof level has been world painted by Sir_Didymus. There is a nether spawn created by Barlimore and Sir_Didymus to encourage exploration of the upper nether. The nether spawn also includes a rail station, created by Zomise.
With the ore generation this revision, we have aimed to return to values close to the revision 19 ore plump. These are approximately 1.6 times vanilla rates. Ores should generate typically in the locations you’re familiar to seeing in vanilla generation, so there’s no need to go hunting for diamonds at Y 200 this time! This way you should find traditional mining practices more worthwhile once more.
Places are points of interest on the server that are held to be great examples of the great builders we have on P. Builds that can qualify, at admin discretion, include:
- Community builds, such as towns, with three or more members;
- Builds of significance, such as special mob grinders and other public utilities;
- Nether and End portals;
- [NEW] Established rail stations (those that have reached the criteria for, and recieved, a region) which also have at least one functional line.
- [NEARLY AS NEW] Any public grinder that is at least a quad grinder or is a blaze, guardian or one of the custom spawners.
- Other points at admin discretion.
Players can request a /place by making a modreq where they want it placed. It will be evaluated by server admins and granted at their discretion.
Places will show up on the map as follows:
- Towns & builds of significance will appear on the livemap as castles.
- Rail stations will appear on the livemap as a minecart.
- Nether and End portals will appear on the livemap as a portal.
- Spawn will appear on the livemap as a globe.
Place Functionality Expanded.
Place functionality is expanding, courtesy of Pez! The new features you will see with the same place commands you have been using are:
- Searching /place <name> will now point you at the location’s Y elevation.
- Running /place will now display additional sets. Previously there were ‘endportals’, ‘netherportals’ and ‘places’. You will now also see sets specific to other worlds, such as the nether-side nether portal locations. Additionally we will be adding sets for grinders and train stations.
- You can run /place <setname> to be pointed to the closest place in that set.
- If you happen to be in the overworld and searching for the closest place of a set such as: /place endportal - You will be routed to the closest end portal to you, even if travelling to a further end portal is quicker. This is due to a limitation of the plugin currently.
- You do not have to type every character in a set to have results return. Up to one character short is acceptable. For example, with the set “netherportals”, you can type /place netherportal and still get results.
- While in the overworld, searching /place <name> will also give you tips on the quickest portals to use to get to your destination.
- While in the end, if your destination is in a world other than the one you are in then you will be encouraged to leave your current world.
- While in the nether, if your destination is in the overworld then you will be directed to the nearest nether portal closest to your destination.
- Minimap-compatible coordinates will appear when using these commands.
Reminder of the place commands:
Rails, Minecarts & TrainCarts
We’ll be replacing HyperCarts with TrainCarts for revision 21 but we will only be introducing two new features from it, based on the conversations we all had together. Those two features will include:
- Minecarts that attach with one another, forming trains.
- Iron & Gold pressure plates that can act as rail junctions, allowing rails to cross.
- We do appreciate that map downloads would require one additional plugin to include in this case.
Minecarts will retain the standard speed that you have grown familiar with from Hypercarts, travelling at a default 16 m/s (twice as fast as vanilla).
If at any time you wish to see information on the minecart you have placed, run /tinfo, similar to using /pinfo and /cinfo! This will show you information such as the cart speed, the owner that placed the cart and more!
Reminder: We have a station in the overworld directly East of spawn, as well as a station directly underneath the nether spawn! You can connect up your lines to these tracks, just remember to /modreq to ask for the destination signs in the stations to be updated! We'd also love to see any of your stations on the subreddit too!
The spawn for revision 21 has been curated by defiex with the goal being a more spread out, and easier to navigate spawn area. We want to lend a big thank you to all staff who assisted us in sprucing up spawn!
Directly East of spawn, you will find a pre-built rail station designed by SirLyle. Simply connect your rails up to one of the lines and then open a /modreq to ask for your destination to be added to the station board.
We have also reduced the depth of the spawn region to Y 25 so that you can now build rails through 0,0, rather than having to work around invisible borders!
Xray Ban Change
We will now be butchering horses / donkeys for any confirmed xrayers, to bring this element of the game in line with other xray sanctions. This means xrayed gold can no longer be used to improve a horse's health, offering an unfair advantage to xraying players.
PvE Information Guide
This page contains information pertaining to the p.nerd.nu server. Enjoy!
- PvP Arenas
- Again this rev you may request barrier blocks for your PvP arenas. Please specify in your modreq which blocks you would like replaced with barriers (make them something different so we can replace them correctly).
- You may also request an open-air arena provided the arena is set to disallow enderpearls and there is a wall that prevents players from entering except at designated entrances.
- All other PvP arena rules still apply.
- PvP arenas must be clearly marked, completely enclosed, and access-restricted builds - the area must only be accessible via iron doors that require a button press to enter.
- These entrances must be marked with signs stating that it is a PvP area, and that players enter at their own risk. The PvP-enabled area may not exceed 100x100 blocks, and may not interact with other PvP areas in any way.
- Enabling of the PvP flag will be done entirely at the discretion of server admins.
- Spleef Arenas
- You are allowed to request barrier blocks for spleef arenas - please specify in your modreq which blocks you would like replaced with barriers.
Having guests for supper? Now you’ll be able to sit down in a proper chair (staircase) of your choice! To sit in a chair, you must type /chairs on and right click on the staircase. To disable, type /chairs off
- Dragon head + Essence of Flight
- Dragon Heads can be obtained by killing the End Dragon.
- Essence of Flight: Obtainable from killing naturally spawning hostile or flying mobs.
- Dragon head + Essence of Flight
- 2x2 grid of ice
- Grass + Leaves
- 1 red dye surrounded by 8 sand = 8 red sand
- 1 red dye + 1 sandstone = 1 red sandstone
Custom Use Items
Thanks to ShroomWithAView, you can now change the texture of huge mushroom blocks and logs by right clicking on them with dyes. The dye will be consumed upon use. You must have permission to edit the block whose texture you want to change. That means the block must be in a region that you are a member of, or unprotected (in the global region).
Right clicking on a regular log with bonemeal changes its texture to bark on all sides. If you right click bonemeal on an all-bark log, the texture of the clicked side and the opposite side will be set to growth rings.
The effect of dyes on mushroom blocks are as follows:
- red dye changes the clicked block face to the red mushroom cap texture
- brown dye changes the clicked block face to the brown mushroom cap texture
- yellow dye changes the clicked block face to the pore texture
- bone meal changes the clicked block to the stem texture
- If you are crouching when you click the block, then all block faces will be changed simultaneously to the texture corresponding to the dye.
[NEW] Shulker Boxes
Right clicking any face of a shulker box with bonemeal will rotate the box so that the face is the base (bottom) of the box. If the clicked face is already the base, the box will rotate so that the opposite face is the base.
To avoid opening the shulker box when rotating it, crouch while clicking.
NOTE: Occasionally, shulker boxes can get stuck in the open position. This is probably just a client-side visual glitch. The problem goes away on server restart, or possibly on relog.
Stone & Sandstone Double Slabs
Right clicking on stone or sandstone double slabs with bonemeal will change them to their seamless texture. Clicking bonemeal again will change them back to their normal texture.
Custom Spawners will be placed by admins before the rev launches.
- To claim a Custom Spawner
- You must locate the pre-placed double bedrock block and claim sign.
- Click the sign to claim the custom spawner
- Custom Spawner Guidelines:
- Custom Spawners may be moved up to 100 blocks from the original pre-placed double bedrock block.
- 100% of drops must be available to the public, either in a public chest, or available for players to pick up at a killing floor.
- You will have 14 days to decide on your placement of the custom spawner, after that a PAdmin will place the Custom Spawner at the location of the pre-placed double bedrock block.
- You must begin your spawner build within two weeks of the initial discovery date or the rights to said spawner will be forfeited!
In the overworld, we have hidden two of each type to find: Creeper, Slime, Squid, Shulker & Witch In the nether, we have hidden two of each type to find: Ghast & Zombie Pigman.
The Doppelganger plugin, written by totemo, will be active again and gives players the ability to obtain player heads as well as provide an extremely difficult mob boss to fight.
- Standard Doppels
- Simply name a pumpkin on an anvil to the name of the player whose head you wish to obtain (note that this is case sensitive; “Notch” will give the proper Notch head while “notch” will give something else).
- Place this pumpkin on top of two vertically stacked diamond blocks. Lightning will strike as your stack of blocks transforms into a powerful diamondclad monster, wearing the player head you seek!
- The head can be found in the monster’s remains once you’ve bested it in combat.
- Padmin Doppels will NOT drop dragon heads in the early part of the revision.
- Padmin Doppels
- Create a T shape with diamond blocks, and place a pumpkin named after a current padmin on top - this will spawn doppels of all padmins.
Word of warning: they’re deadly. As with other forms of indirect unwanted PvP, do not spawn these intentionally to murder players.
Easy Rider, a plugin by Totemo to allow for horses to level up rather than breeding for stats.
- Horses start out at level 1 in each of these three abilities. Horse attributes (health, jump and speed) improve in discrete steps when the level of that ability is increased to the next whole number.
- Speed: A horse’s speed increases according to the total horizontal distance traveled on the ground by the horse while carrying a rider.
- Jump Strength: A horse’s speed increases according to the total horizontal distance traveled in the air by the horse while carrying a rider. Fall distance does not count. You can make the horse jump, ride it off a cliff, or just ride it up and down slopes to improve jump strength.
- Health: A horse’s health increases according to the total mass of gold consumed in the form of golden carrots, regular golden apples and Notch apples. The more gold it takes to craft a food item, the more it improves the horse’s health. Horses eat one food item at a time. You may need to hurt them in order for them to eat golden apples. What does not kill them makes them stronger!
- All types of horses, including donkeys, mules, skeletal and undead horses, have the same maximum level and maximum ability (in this version of the plugin). But other vanilla restrictions remain: only donkeys and mules can carry chests and skeletal or undead horses cannot wear armour.
- Llamas can also be tracked with /hgps and will lock under EasyRider.
As of Jan 25, 2017 CobraCorral and EasyRider have been merged into EasyRider, for more information see the reddit post
| /horse-top <stat>
Alias: /htop <stat>
|Shows the rank of all horses on the server. You can specify /horse-top jump, /horse-top speed, or /horse-top health. Output is divided into pages of 10 horses and you can ask for a specific page number, e.g. /horse-top jump 2|
| /horse-owned [<page>]
Alias: /horse-list [<page>]
Alias: /hlist [<page>]
|Lists all of the horses owned by you as well as its last known coordinates. You can specify a page using /horse-owned #|
| /horse-upgrades <ability>
Alias: /hup <ability>
|allows you to see the maximum level and how much training effort is required to attain each level|
|Shows the levels of the horse you are currently riding, or if not riding the horse you click on|
|find a specific horse that you own /hgps 4 or /hgps <name> Horses can be specified using their unique ID, their number in /hlist or the start of their name.|
| Grant or revoke access to your horses. Or display players with access to a horse by clicking on it. |
To add a user: /haccess [horse] +[username]
To remove a user: /haccess [horse] -[username]
Land claims can be used as a physical barrier with fences on the surface to indicate areas which you intend to build within. There should reasonable entry points through the barrier to remain accessible. Anyone is welcome to build outside of your claim.
- You can use /modreq for admins to investigate a claim if the area is not being used. Admins reserve the right to invalidate any claim for (but not limited to) the following reasons: being too large (larger than you will reasonably use), claiming with multiple users to bypass any size guidelines, removing/changing claims that were not placed by you, claiming an area solely for access to resource mining, encircling another claim in an effort to take over, or violating any other build rules currently in place.
- Closing off travel waterways or building bridges that block players in boats is prohibited. If you find an example of this, please open a modreq and the padmins will investigate this to ensure that the map remains accessible for people to travel in!
- It is best practice to allow a ten block buffer between your claim and the nearest claim fencing for server harmony.
- How to make a land claim:
- Place borders of fences or cobble walls to demarcate the area you intend to develop, allowing for passage of other players either by door, gate, or carpet atop your fence.
- Place a sign with information on the owner of the claim and when the claim was made. While the sign is not required, it does make claim disputes easier to resolve!
Mapworld has carried over from revision 20 to retain the maps created.
To Access the map world you will need to use the designated portal at spawn. YOUR INVENTORY MUST BE EMPTY TO USE THIS PORTAL. Try /place mapworld - to find the sign at spawn.
- The plot limit is set to 100 plots per person so that the cap won't matter so much. Claim only what you need as excessive claiming will result in warnings and further punishments.
- There will be up to 204 plots available at the start of the revision, and we now use the NerdPlot plugin, meaning you can claim your plots without a modreq!
- Stand in an empty plot and type '/nerdplot claim
- Use /nerdplot for more info.
To get a map from the MapWorld to the Overworld
- Place an item frame with a blank map at your location in the overworld
- Stand at your item frame and /modreq please give map #____
- map numbers can be found here - this map is #137
- Staff will replace your blank map with the map you've requested
Remember: all nerd.nu rules apply in the mapworld, including those regarding nsfw builds
All mob grinders; guardian, iron golem, custom and vanilla must be open to the public. In drop grinders such as the creeper, guardian, and iron golem, 100% of the drops must be available, either in a public chest, or available for players to pick up at a killing floor. All experience grinders must be open for anyone to take advantage of.
PvE runs a plugin called MobLimiter that limits the number of mobs (livestock and pets) that may stay in a chunk when it is unloaded - this is to prevent excessively large numbers of mobs when they are not needed. This means that, while you can breed animals up to high numbers, once everyone leaves that area the numbers will be reduced back down to at least a breeding pair.
To compensate for this, mobs spend considerably less time as babies (15 seconds, down from 20 minutes), the cooldown for breeding is similarly reduced (down to 15 seconds from 5 minutes), and mob drops of livestock are plumped. For this and more information, type /moblimiter in-game.
As a rule of thumb, the server starts to lag noticeably if a few hundred mobs are bred in a confined space. Please keep this in mind if you are engaged in mass mob drop harvesting operations.
Nether portals are hidden around the map before the revision starts as a two block high bedrock marker with a clickable sign upon it. There are a total of 12 portals hidden this rev (13 including spawn), each one named after one of the twelve Knights of the Round Table (spawn is King Arthur).
- To claim a portal
- You must locate the pre-placed double bedrock block and claim sign.
- Click the sign to claim the portal
- Build a square or rectangular portal frame anywhere within 100 blocks of the bedrock but at ground-level ONLY.
- You may then modreq for the portal to be lit.
- Portal Guidelines:
- Portals must be placed within 100 blocks of the bedrock marker
- Portals must be placed at ground level
- The inside of the portal may not exceed 25x9.
- If a portal has not been placed within two weeks, we will place a default (2x3) portal at the bedrock location (no exceptions).
- Portal frame must be made from obsidian, but feel free to decorate around it how you see fit!
- Mark the top and bottom corners of your build, and stand at the site. Then type /modreq please protect my build
- Protections are only to prevent grief and other unauthorized edits.
- Protections are not used for "claiming land". Mods will only protect builds (houses, rail, farms, etc.) and clearly established large projects, such as cities
- Requests to protect empty land or to protect a very large buffer around a structure will be denied.
- Land that has been significantly improved through road/plot making or terraforming can be protected at staff discretion
- Hastily made structures that serve no purpose other than to lay claim to an area will not be protected.
- Modreqs asking for the protection of land that has had no or minimal edits made to it will be denied.
- Protections generally will cover the entire area above a structure (to sky limit) and about 10 blocks below the lowest floor.
- We will not protect to bedrock unless your entire structure extends down that far. Underground resources are considered to be public property. Mines, drop shafts, etc. will not be protected.
You may /modreq for a region greeting to be placed using the following guidelines:
- One greeting per settlement, whether it be a town or city or yourself out in the wilderness. (Citizens of a town are considered part of the town for this purpose.). Greetings for non-settlement regions (eg. rails) are not eligible.
- You may request ONE color for your region greeting.
- The region which the greeting is placed must be a parent (it cannot itself be a child of any other region)
- Only the region owners may request a greeting.
- The greeting content must adhere to chat rules and additionally cannot reference any settlement or region or player other than your own. (For example, if you are a mayor of <town A>, you may request as a greeting “Welcome to <town A>!” but not “<town B> is not welcome here!”)
- Staff reserve the right to deny frequent greeting changes. Pick your greeting carefully!
These guidelines apply to cases where all named owners/members are absent and the protection or build is not within an active settlement / claim.
A player should expect their protection to include protection from deliberate actions by staff, except in the cases outlined below:
1. Removal of builds as per the standard ‘abandoned build’ removal guidelines.
2. Editing or removal of builds where they are having a significant negative effect on the community and the builder is absent (or immediate action is necessary for stability reasons). Examples might be where a build contains a player trap, is responsible for excessive lag, or is turning out large numbers of mobs into a nearby populace.
3. Where the protection is that of a special spawner, portal, or any other admin-placed rarity, in which case previously agreed specific build-rules supersede anything written here.
The rights of the player, in terms of their protected builds are entirely separate from the behaviour of the player, with the following exceptions:
1. Where the build itself violates a rule. For example, being used to display NSFW images, being used as a method by which to harass another player or players, or by being produced through illegitimate means, such as x-ray.
2. Where owners are using their permissions for malicious rule-breaking purposes against other region owners or members, for example, in the case of grief, or harassment.
Staff should not change ownership of any protected build, nor remove or add additional owners or members, unless they have the agreement of all current owners. Such exceptions as mentioned above should be the purview of the PAdmin team only.
Standmaster allows players to pose armor stands. More information can be found on the StandMaster github page.
- Data Types
- BOOLEAN: Either true or false. Any input other than true in a boolean field will default to false. Examples: true, false
- INT: An integer. Examples: 0, 123, -456
- FLOAT: A floating-point (decimal) value. Examples: 0, 3.14159, -0.0833
- STRING A string of characters, or normal text. Examples: "Dumbo52", "StandMaster9000", "Hello world!" (without the quotes)
- ROTATION A group of three floats, representing rotations (in degrees) around the X, Y, and Z axes respectively.
|/stand reload||Reloads the plugin's configuration|
|/stand persist <BOOLEAN>||Prevents your modifier list from clearing|
|/stand preset <name>||Loads a modifier preset|
|/stand preset add <name>||Adds a personal modifier preset|
|/stand preset remove <name>||Removes a personal modifier preset|
|/stand preset addglobal <name>||Adds a global modifier preset|
|/stand preset removeglobal <name>||Removes a global modifier preset|
|/stand list||Shows your current stand modifier list|
|/stand clear||Clears your current stand modifier list|
|/stand name <STRING>||Gives the stand a visible nametag|
|/stand invisible <BOOLEAN>||Makes the stand invisible|
|/stand nobaseplate <BOOLEAN>||Removes the stand's baseplate|
|/stand nogravity <BOOLEAN>||Prevents the stand from falling|
|/stand pose body <ROTATION>||Sets the stand's body rotation|
|/stand pose leftarm <ROTATION>||Sets the stand's left arm rotation|
|/stand pose rightarm <ROTATION>||Sets the stand's right arm rotation|
|/stand pose leftleg <ROTATION>||Sets the stand's left leg rotation|
|/stand pose rightleg <ROTATION>||Sets the stand's right leg rotation|
|/stand pose head <ROTATION>||Sets the stand's head rotation|
|/stand showarms <BOOLEAN>||Shows arms on the stand|
|/stand small <BOOLEAN>||Makes the stand smaller|
Thanks to Redwall, villagers can now only be damaged by region members in the region they are in, and their trades are now logged. If one happens to be griefed and you don’t have a region, or if a region member themselves have griefed one, they can now be replaced!
Region owners can flow their own water. Simply place the water as normal, type /flow, and punch the water with an empty hand. The /flow command will toggle flow on/off, so keep an eye on your screen.
- If you do not turn off the flow (by running /flow again) after 5 minutes it will toggle off automatically.
- If you break someone’s build or redstone with flowing water, this will still be considered grief, so be careful and take steps to ensure you don’t flood someone’s basement!
Likewise, if you break your own build with water, we will not fix it for you. You break it, you fix it.
Waypoints are similar to having your own personal /place, which you can then share with others to point them to your location of choice!
- To create a waypiont type /setwp <name> [unlisted|public|private]
- To delete a waypoint type /delwp <name>
- To list your (or another users) waypoints type /listwps [username]
- To access a waypoint type /wp [playername] <waypoint>
We're using the vanilla world border this rev too. As you approach the border now, you will now be able to SEE the world border, and your screen will turn red as you approach it!
Additional Commands for Users
Below are commands that you can you use on PvE to help make things more fun!
- /list - displays a list of all players on the server, with staff noted
- /list-all - displays a list of all players on all servers, with staff noted
- /modlist - displays a list of all staff currently online
- /modreq <message> - submits a mod request for staff to respond to
- /check - shows the status of your open modreq
- /done #### - allows you to close your open modreq if you wish
- /msg <username> or /m <username> - sends a private message to a user
- /r - responds to the last private message sent
- /clanchat - displays the list of all clanchat commands
- /c #<channel> - sets your default clanchat channel
- /c <message> - sends a message to your default clanchat channel
- /cq #<channel> <message> - sends a message to any channel without changing your default
- /stand - displays options for the STANDMASTER9000 plugin (used for custom armor stands)
- /ccorral - displays options for the Cobra Corral plugin (used for horse management)
- /who - shows who is in the overworld, nether, end, and mapworlds
- /wp death - shows the automatic waypoint of your last death
- /place - displays a list of admin-placed places
- /suggestion-box <shortly worded suggestion!> - an ingame way to send your suggestions to the PvE admins! Suggestions are checked weekly and are posted with responses at least monthly on the on the forum.
- /map - displays a list of URLs to the nerd.nu livemaps
- /help - displays a help file for PvE containing submenus with additional information
- /nextrestart - displays minutes until the next restart
- /moblimiter - displays information about the current moblimiter configuration
- /lwc - displays additional commands for the LWC plugin used for chest access
- /fixskulls (or) /fs - Allows skulls held in your inventory to become stackable with skulls of the same type during that restart period.
- /ignore-deaths - Will disable death messages for a restart cycle.
- Chat Programs - provides connection information for our out-of-game chat programs
Why won't my water flow?
Our server uses a plugin called SafeBuckets to prevent liquids from flowing as a grief prevention measure. To make your water/lava flow place the static block and then type /modreq please flow this liquid. If you are the owner of your region you can flow liquids within your region by typing /flow and then clicking the static block.
Can I use someone else’s farm?
You can use any farm (crop or mob) built by players as long as you replant (crops) or leave their original mobs when you leave.
How close can I build to my neighbor?
Do not build very close to other players without their permission - buildings that violate this rule may be moved to a new location without warning. Building outside of a claim fence though is ok but consider asking the other party before doing so out of courtesy. If you have a large project such as a city or megabuild, expand in directions that do not come into conflict with other players. Exhaust all available unopposed routes before expanding near already established players. If you must expand in the vicinity of other players, speak with them first and see if they are willing to participate in your project. Leave signs, /mail send, or /msg them in chat. If you are unable to come to an agreement, contact a moderator for assistance.
Can I use potions?
Non-harmful potions are allowed on PvE. Harmful potions will have no effect (except during designated events).
Why can’t I make a portal?
Portals are restricted on our servers to prevent inadvertent grief due to them automatically generating inside someone’s build. See Nether Portals
What do I do if I find a water-level bridge?
Open a modreq and the padmins will investigate this to ensure that the map remains accessible for people to travel in!
Can I have blocks such as trapdoors made non-interactable?
Some people would prefer such blocks to be made non-interactable once set up in their region so that the aesthetics don’t get messed with. You can modreq this and a padmin will take a look into your request.
Are there any blocks I can’t place?
Any block you can place in single player survival you can place on PvE.