looking for suggestions for the Home page
- We need a way to vote on new featured items.
- We need a few more funny banners to go at the top of the wiki pages. please use
- The main page needs better formatting (and spelling fixes), I can do it, but you'll have to give me permissions first. DemanRisu 07:17, 23 January 2011 (CST)
- You should be able to edit the templates now. Do you need to edit the page itself? Language 13:34, 23 January 2011 (CST)
- Now that the servers have a (sparsely updated) twitter feed, maybe it'd be a good idea to integrate the latest updates on the main page somewhere? Also in the navigation box --AlcoJew 16:43, 30 September 2011 (CDT)
A meta page for pages to delete
I have been been noticing that there are pages that seem to be real poor quality, such as loot, that I personally think should be be removed from the wiki. Rather then set up a talk page these pages, I suggest a new page is created called something like 'SuggestedDeletion' to which pages can be added that people think should be deleted. Of course, a reason will need to be added as to why the page should be deleted, in the case of loot it is because it is not to do with the servers, it is just about the fact that you can get loot from chests and killing people etc. Then, if people or mods agree the page can be removed. We can also add a link to the top of the page, perhaps as a template, warning that this page has been nominated for deletion. Please note, I am not suggesting that pages of low quality should be removed through this method, just pages that are off topic. Thecoshman 17:15, 14 February 2012 (CST)
- I think futher suggestion would be better to do this Forum page that I found one day. :D But I think those minecraft wiki page could be deleted since they are outdated and nobody is caring for them. And yeah that is good suggestion to make Delete suggestion page. Purine 06:54, 15 February 2012 (CST)
Aggregation of pages
If you take a look at something like the creations categories, a lot of the pages about a creation are very minimal, often not much more then some guy made this at some stage. These pages seem to be attracting needs more info warnings, but I don't think much more could be added, especially to things relating to older pages. So what I propose is for these pages to be moved to just a section in a larger page. Though, something like Uberproject is more well defined, and so seems able to stand up as it's own page. Thecoshman 17:15, 14 February 2012 (CST)
- The hope is that eventually that someone who actually built the creation will see their page and think to themselves that they could easily add some more info that was left out by the user who originally made the wiki page for the creation. --DARKSKYNET 14:44, 10 March 2012 (CST)
Link to Tebok on the home page
It just seems to me to be a little biased to have a link to this article in particular, what is so special about it? I think it should be removed for the sake of impartiality. Keep the home page for very high level general stuff. Thecoshman 02:44, 8 February 2012 (CST)
- Link removed, your right the home page should be more general. --DARKSKYNET 14:42, 10 March 2012 (CST)
just looking for some credit
I just dropped a huge edit to add some information/clean up the creative startup guide. I'm not even going to approach getting the credit for creating that (mike_acosta you receive all my internets for that), but i was wondring if i could get added to the homepage link as the pages editor. something like: 'Written by mike_acosta, edited by yagi_takeru, this article is a good read for anyone new to the creative server, it outlines the ways to go about contacting staff and dealing with day to day functions of the server, for a good experience, it is a recommended read.'
that was just a fast add in and will need to be changed.
- Its done you are now recognized .. --DARKSKYNET 14:39, 10 March 2012 (CST)
DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!! DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS !!!!!!!
| style="padding:2px;" |
| style="width:45%;border:1px solid #CEDFF2;background:#F5FAFF;vertical-align:top;" |
This week's featured project
This week's featured creation
This week's featured rail stop
Now I'm like, well duh! Truly thakfnul for your help.