PvE map revision 9 started August 10, 2012 and was closed October 30, 2012. It featured vanilla terrain and, of course, a host of new features added by Minecraft 1.3.
With the goal of improving server stability, the map this revision is 100% vanilla, generated using the new large biomes option. At least initially, the map is significantly smaller as well, measuring 4000×4000 blocks. Upon release it was suggested that the map may eventually expand mid-revision to 6000×6000 blocks, matching the size of previous revisions, this never happened.
Due to an excessive number of passive mobs in personal farms, all drops from shearing or killing passive mobs are plumped in an effort to combat lag.
In addition, there is a scale model of the map with many major landmarks at (175, -20) (note: underground).
Many (but not all) PvE players like to work together on large collaborative projects, often taking the form of cities and towns. Some cities are reincarnations from previous revisions; others are brand-new. Many have their own subreddits as well to aid collaboration.
If your settlement is missing, add it! (Click the e in the upper-left.)
Most cities have rail stations (complete with CARTS computers), featuring direct underground links to other cities and to spawn.
- Please add the coordinates for the Nether/End portals as you find them!
The Nether can be accessed from spawn's portal - Follow the scenic route down from spawn! There are additional pre-built portals at the coordinates below. Players cannot create their own portals.
|Portal||Overworld coords||Nether coords||Notes|
|Spawn||(-54, -11)||~(0, 0)||On a floating island, about halfway between spawn and the ground.|
|North-west: Lothos||(-1500, -1500)|
|South-west: Seneca||(-1500, +1500)|
|South-east: Pico||(+1500, +1500)|
|North-east: Wellspring||(+1500, -1500)|
|Secret portal 1: Moo||(-240, 1875)||(-30, 230)|
|Secret portal 2: Air Temple||(1800, -400)||(220, -40)||Accessible in the Nether by starting at the Wellspring portal and walking along the wooden road towards the blaze grinder.|
Every Minecraft map has three strongholds, each with an End portal that can be activated. Rev 9's portals:
- End Portal 1 @ (-138, 821) (surface access at (-117, 818)): Claimed by Brom (with the assistance of Moo). Has a rail station that connects directly to Brom and Spawn (with room for expansion, should anyone be interested in connecting). Surface access is at (-117, 818); follow the cobble stripe on the floor once you're inside the stronghold proper.
- End Portal 2 @ (-595, -393): Straight drop into the portal. You can't miss it.
- End Portal 3 @ (1180, -170) (surface access at (1100, -130)): Preserved by the PvE Archaeological Association. Entrance to the dig site @ (1100, -130), follow the signs to reach the portal. Completely excavated, virtually untouched.
There is a trade hut on a floating island next to the spawn nether portal. Unfortunately, attempts to stock the hut were thwarted by the villainous Dr. Sign. The shipments have since been discovered scattered around the map.
- Glowstone: You can reach the trade sign (1 gravel -> 1 glowstone dust) through the entrance in the Nether at (-690, 16). Unfortunately, it is behind a gauntlet of mob spawners, and lava. At a minimum, you will need fire resistance potions to access the sign. Armor and a sword are highly recommended.
- Circle stone: Trade sign (1 diamond ore -> 16 circlestone) is at the far end of a challenging parkour maze. Entrance at (1924, 776). Look for a water drop inside a small hut. The fastest way to the sign is to portal to Pico, take the rail to Carvahal and then walk northeast.