View of Pine Forest from the South
Pine Forest (aka Matsumori 松森) is a feudal japanese-style town started by jrbeilke. The town currently consists of a few small buildings including a mine and farm, with additional open plots and a castle under construction.
The name is derived from a nearby taiga biome where many of the pine trees were felled to begin construction of the town. Much of the forest has been replanted and expanded across the island that Pine Forest is built on.
Pine Forest is located on the west equator at -2000, 0. Currently the best way to get there is via the nether portal located at -1800, 0 in the town of Venice. From there it is a short walk to Pine Forest along a small cobblestone road outside of Venice.
- Community Farm (wheat, pumpkins and melons)
- Community Mine
- Road to Venice (and their Nether Portal at -1800,0)
- Matsumori Castle - Capital of Pine Forest
- Pine Forest Inn (includes public beds and room for temporary chests for new citizens)
- Farm Animals - have a few animals wandering about, need to build a pen/pens and start breeding animals
- Grinder - we've found at least 1 dungeon in or near our region, and we need to develop a grinder to start collecting xp and materials
- Rail Access - nearby town of Venice is already well connected with a CARTS station; need to see if they'll give us a connection
- Build a Dock - eventually would like to build a dock and boat(s) for aesthetics as well as a boat landing for when boats are un-banned