|Warp||North West Portal|
|Contributors||luddelarvig Mrloud15 Scorpii The_Technocrat|
All of the following locations are marked with numbers on the isometric view:
- Northwest Portal
- Map Building
- Angkor Lost Temple Complex
- Hall of Pillars
- Angkor Bridge
- Angkor Grand Temple
- Temple of the Sun
- Temple of the Moon
- Angkor Spleef Arena
- Wheat Farm
- Melon Farm
- Oak Farm
- Pine Farm
- Birch Farm
- Jungle Tree Farm
- South East Lookout
- Mayor emptyafternoon's Treehouse
- Mayor totemo's Treehouse
- The_Technocrat's Treehouse and Villager Face
- luddelarvig's Treehouse
- Sheep Farm
- Cattle Farm
Archeological investigations at the site of the Angkor ruins are currently ongoing but questioning of the local natives has uncovered the following:
- Angkor was once a bustling religious centre dedicated to the worship of the gods of the Sun and the Moon.
- Most conflicts were resolved by ritual combat at the Angkor Spleef Arena, with each side typically praying for the protection of either the Sun or Moon God. Giant statues to these Gods were erected on the north and south sides, respectively, of the road between the Angkor Grand Temple and the arena.
- A mysterious cult of molon worshippers are said to have unleashed "dark forces" which lead to a catastrophic attack on the Angkor inhabitants by "Molon Men". This conflict was known as the "Molon Wars". Some blamed the initial outbreak of this conflict on contact with other cities, saying that "the rails brought blood to Angkor".
- The Angkorians fled to the trees. The Molon Men were unable to follow them, and it is said that they gradually dissipated. Some say that they returned to the land of "Brom". But no such place exist on PvE. Nevertheless, the people of Angkor remained fearful and to this day spend the bare minimum of time on the ground, preferring to live in the safety of the trees and always ascending at night.
- Over many centuries, the jungle has reclaimed the land that was once its own. The majestic temples of Angkor are gradually crumbling away.
- An exhibit describing some of these events is housed on the 6th floor of the UMC at spawn. It features 4 secret doors. Beyond the fourth is a hidden temple with signs describing some of the history recounted above.
The Angkor Quest
The Hall of Pillars
The Hall of Pillars is the terminus of the rail link between the north west portal (northern station of the two) and Angkor.
There are numerous secret areas in Angkor. Here is just a small sample:
Angkor's Spleef Arena was designed to look like a Mesoamerican ballcourt.
Spectators are able to see the Grand Temple and emptyafternoon's treehouse from the stands.