The Central District's skyline
|Started||May 18, 2012|
|PvE r5||Argoth (r5)|
|PvE r6||New Argoth|
|PvE r7||Argoth Hold|
|PvE r8||Argoth (r8)|
|PvE r9||Argoth (r9)|
|PvE r10||Argoth (r10)|
|PvE r11||Argoth (r11)|
|PvE r12||Argoth (r12)|
|PvE r13||Argoth (r13)|
Argoth is a major city on PvE revision 8. Located next to the north-east nether portal for easy access, Argoth is on the corner of four biomes: the vast snowy wastelands to the north, a deciduous forest to the east, a jungle to the southeast, and the map's central ocean to the south.
Argoth has always been a welcoming, inclusive community. Building standards aren't super-strict; just don't make ugly cobblestone/wood huts. New residents are given a full stack of smooth stone, plus access to the community chests and farms for other useful building materials. Several revisions ago this ethos — plus the fact that Argoth's colors are red-white-red — earned the city the "communist" label, which stuck.
If you'd like to join the city of benevolent communists, contact a mayor in-game or post on the subreddit, /r/newargoth.
Districts and neighbors
Some of these are districts of Argoth itself, others are independent regions. Regardless, all are linked by road and rail.
- Central Argoth is the heart of the city, located in a flat valley
- The massive Nether Courtyard, designed by castelnau. The central rail terminal, a wool farm, and the PvE Lotto station can be found here.
- The Spleef Arena, designed by Sapphric
- The independent town of Kalmos (formerly known as North-Argoth)
- The East Argoth district, jokingly referred to as the Built-by-Skydaddy district because of the crazy amount of quality buildings he's created there. East Argoth is a mix of towers and more low-key residential plots.
- An unnamed NPC village, depopulated due to server derp
- The PvP Arena, currently under construction
- The Valley of the Dead. Gotta stash those bodies somewhere.
- A Minecraft version of the real-life Russian monument, The Motherland Calls, built by bencvt
- The Canal District, an homage to last rev's Argoth Hold
- Argoth State University
- Arrrgoth (nautical nonsense)
If you'd like to connect your town to the rail network please contact a mayor!
- Clue Hill
- Deorne (planned, return line can share Oops-Upon-Cliff tunnel)
- New Lemuria (planned, can share the Argoth/Pico tunnel)
- Port 80
- Port Aperture
- The Argoth/Spawn rail has a stop at one of the three strongholds, with a portal to the End and Lothos
- The y70 Loop
- Central Terminal ⇔ Spleef Arena ⇔ Kalmos
- Central Terminal ⇔ Keozen's Giant Melon
- Central Terminal ⇔ East Argoth
- Central Terminal ⇔ Canal District ⇔ Argoth State University ⇔ Arrrgoth
- Central Terminal ⇔ PvP Arena ⇔ NPC Village ⇔ The Motherland Calls ⇔ Argoth State University
- aka the West Metro Loop (currently under construction)
- Argoth State University ⇔ Doublezed Grinder
- Argoth State University ⇔ Varsity Wool Farm
- ? ⇔
PripCensored (Planned. Maybe this could connect to the East Argoth station?)
Note: these maps are slightly out-of-date; quite a bit of new building has been done since
An exterior shot of the Spleef Arena, designed by Sapphric
The southern entrance to the Nether Courtyard, designed by castelnau
Argoth State University, organized by bencvt